Today I am back with a slightly different video! I’m sharing my 5 favourite Pre & Post workout meals and snacks, that I hope you will too.
I do mention in the video that all these meals are high in Protein + Carbs. This is to help support optimal protein synthesis (which basically means, to maximise muscle growth, repair and recovery) as well as giving you sustained energy to train.
Happy cooking! Please let me know if you give these a try!
1- GREEK YOGHURT + BANANA BOWL
– 1 pot 170g Total Greek Yoghurt
– 1 banana
– Handful of berries
– 1-2 tsb Honey
– 15g Raw Oats or Muesli
1) Add Yoghurt to a bowl, top with banana, berries, oats & honey!
2- COTTAGE CHEESE & RYVITA STACKS
– 250g Cottage Cheese
– 1/2 Pot Fresh Salsa
– Cucumber Slices
– 4 Ryvita Crackers
1) Add 2 large Tsps of Cottage Cheese per Ryvita, top with Salsa + Cucumber slices. Repeat 4 times!
3- FAJITA SPICED TURKEY IN TOMATO SAUCE WITH LIME+CORIANDER RICE
– 400g Turkey Strips
– 2 large Peppers
– 1 Red Onion
– 1 Courgette
– 1 small Can of Sweetcorn
– 3 Tbsp Tomato Puree
– 2 Tsp Fajita Spices
– 1 Pack of Tilda Lime & Coriander Rice
1) Prep veggies, and add to a large frying pan with 3 Tbsp of boiling water. Leave to fry & soften for 5 mins.
2) Add the Turkey, stir to combine in and brown it off.
3) Once Turkey has been browned, add the Fajita Spices and the tomato Puree with a splash more of water.
4) Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes on a low heat or until the sauce thickens and meat is thoroughly cooked.
5) Heat up rice.
6) Serve up and enjoy!
4- PROTEIN ZOATS
– 60g Oats
– 1 large Tsp Peanut Flour or powdered peanut butter
– 1 Tsp Cacao or High Quality Cocoa powder
– 1/3 Large Courgette, finely grated
– 200ml Water
– 75ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 30g Chocolate Whey (I use Awesome Supplements)
– 4-5 Drops of Chocolate Stevia (optional)
1) Add Oats, peanut flour + Cocoa powder together and combine dry ingredients.
2) Finely grate in the courgette into the bowl and stir in.
3) Add the water and stir so mixture is watery.
4) Microwave for 2 minutes, take out and stir.
5) Add in a splash of Almond milk and stir to get your desired consistency.
6) Add the Protein powder and stir until thoroughly combined.
7) Top with berries and enjoy!
5- SUPER THICK SMOOTHIE
– 1 frozen banana (120g)
– 30g Chocolate Whey
– 180ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
– 5 drops of Chocolate Stevia
– 5-6 Large Ice Cubes
1) Add everything to a nutribullet cup or blender cup.
2) Shake together.
3) Blend for 1-2 mins, pulse and sometimes shake up the mix until your smoothie begins to grow in volume.
4) Grab a spoon and eat straight out of the cup.