I love crisp, fresh fruit, but the cold Winter months often have me craving something a little more decadent. Enter these baked apples tossed in coconut oil and cinnamon. They’re a healthy snack that tastes like dessert, and you really do need just those three simple ingredients to whip up a batch of your own. We make them weekly in our house.
The best thing about these apples is they’re just nutritious enough that I’m comfortable feeding them to my toddler regularly, yet sweet enough to feel indulgent. Baking the apples brings out their natural sweetness, so the recipe yields delicious results no matter what variety of apple you choose. I buy pre-cut apples to cut down on time in the kitchen, but washing and cutting your own apples works, too, of course! If, like me, you have an older baby or toddler in your home, you can also remove the skin and dice the apples.
Serve them warm for a perfect afternoon snack or after-dinner treat during the Fall and Winter months. An added bonus? After a few minutes in the oven, your kitchen will smell delightful.
- 6 large apples, sliced
3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon, coconut oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with one teaspoon of the coconut oil.
- Spread the apple slices evenly across the pan.
- Spoon the remaining coconut oil over the apples.
- Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. Don’t worry if the coconut oil and cinnamon aren’t distributed evenly. The oil will melt quickly!
- Place the pan on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Remove after 15 minutes. The coconut oil will be melted. Toss until all apples are coated in coconut oil and cinnamon. Cook for another 15 minutes, for a total of 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- 4 servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Brittany Van Den Brink